If you own a garage, then it’s important that you know how to maintain it properly. Because if your garage isn’t maintained properly, then you could end up with some trouble. Here are ten things you need to know about to avoid garage door repair Hampton VA.
1) You should check for any tangled cables. The tangle of the cable can cause problems with your door. You should regularly check the cables and get them untangled if they are tangled.
2) Check for any loose parts, such as bolts and screws. A loose part can also cause damage to your garage door. Make sure that all of the screws and bolts are tightened.
3) You should regularly lubricate and align (adjust) the door and tracks. Anytime you notice that the door is making sounds or has become hard to open or close, it’s time to lubricate.
4) Test the opener switch. By pushing this button, your garage door will go down by a few inches. If it doesn’t go down as far as it usually does, then you should lubricate the bearings and tracks.
5) Keep an eye on the door during strong winds. If your door seems to be swinging too much from the wind, then it might be a good idea to adjust its settings.
6) Always clean off any dirt or debris before opening or closing the garage door. The dirt can damage the tracks, bearings, and the opener.
7) Look for any damage to the door itself. If you find any damage, then you should get it repaired or replaced right away. You can get help here.
8) Make sure that you are able to open your garage door manually in case of a power outage. It’s always good to be prepared.
9) If you live in a cold climate and it’s snowing, then you should clear off the top of your door. Snow can build up and cause damage to the opener. It’s good to remove all of the snow before trying to open or close your garage door.
10) Make sure that there is enough clearance from the ground. The garage door opener should have at least four inches of clearance from the floor. If not, then you should adjust the settings.